Novichok stars in drama screened in 2017!
"Novichok" even sounds Russian and nasty even if it is or isn't. "You couldn't make this stuff up!" Well no - actually it seems you CAN.
After a life of complete obscurity (apart from to the men in white coats) it seems it cropped up TWICE in a fictional drama series called "Strike Back", that showed in both Britain and America.
We know that sectors of the entertainment industry have a long tradition of working work hand in hand with the security services to influence public perceptions of things. Indeed some even outrageously suggest that some widely publicised 'terrorist events' are actually theatrical productions!
Perhaps we shall never know but what is clear is that coincidences are seldom coincidences in these matters, and referring twice to an obscure nerve agent in a fictional drama only a few months before it takes centre stage in a real one, is likely to fall within this category.
They may be parallel worlds but the consequences certainly arn't. Can anyone doubt that Britain and America particularly, seem intent on pursuing an anti-Russian agenda, whether justified or not, and may even be prepared to facilitate false justification for doing so?
"This from a reader:
March 21, 2018 | Categories: Guest Contributions | Tags: | Print This Article Print This Article
This from a reader:
It’s strange that a British-American intelligence TV drama Strike Back had several episodes featuring Novichok nerve agent and Evil Russkies last year. Someone orchestrating political theater in the UK watches a lot of TV, or is advised by its producers.
Episode 50 ran in the U.K on November 21 2017 and in the U.S. on February 23 2018:
"Meanwhile, General Lázsló shuts down Section 20, forcing Donovan to work in secret. She discovers that Zaryn is in fact Karim Markov, a Russian scientist who allegedly killed his colleagues with Novichok, a nerve agent they invented."
Episodes 51 ran in the U.K on November 28 2017 and in the U.S. on March 2 2018:
"Section 20 track Berisovich’s meth lab in Turov where Markov is making more Novichok and destroy it, though Berisovich escapes with Markov."
Following from: https://www.facebook.com/tim.longson/posts/10160327151205454
Whats going on with Russia? Lets review the facts & history. 1. Known political tactics: "Whenever the public realise you (in government) are doing a terrible job, & the polls are turning against you, create a common enemy, so the public turn their hate to them instead - blind patriotism can cover up almost anything". Labour has been smashing the Tories in the polls; the Tories & their rich news media owners don't like that, so they want a BIG distraction. EXACTLY the same way that Margaret Thatcher was crashing in the polls & definitely on her way out, & so she got us into the 'Falklands war' & suddenly the majority of Brits go blind to all the crap she has been up to, & start waving flags & saying "proud to be British" & "we are all in it together" & she won again... the manipulation of blind patriotism worked.
2. Just a short time ago the Tories tried to tie Jeremy Corbyn to the Russian's - it backfired because it was proven their story was false (even in the courts where Tory MPs were made to retract their statements and apologise to Jeremy Corbyn), & in fact it came to light that the Tories are actually very much in bed with the Russians over funding, and have close ties between Tory MPs and later discovered "spies". But the Tory plan "we need a distraction so lets use Russia" was already too far gone to stop there - the polls 'had to be dealt with', as Labour was rapidly heading for a landslide.
3. Three people are apparently exposed to some kind of gas, which expert investigators have said nothing more about other than it was "consistent with" a nerve agent. Are these results being released? Nope..the government are hiding any apparently "definitive scientific evidence" that the British authorities should have before making any claims as to what happened, or who might possibly be responsible. The government IMPLY that it is a gas which could only have been made in Russia. But if you look at the EXACT wording they use when they say this, it is ALWAYS the same - as if it has been written in a script for them; words like "consistent with" which only mean 'similar to', in the same way that a computer keyboard made in the USA is "consistent with" one made in the UK, they are only allegedly trying to say it MAY be a "Novichok agent" or it "appears consistent" with "military grade" - NOT factual statements, only deliberately misinterpretable implications to cover their backsides... But for all we know, without them releasing the real facts (which they IMPLY they have) to us, or Russia, it could have just been that they had a cooking gas leak, or that some right wing fanatic cooked up some of this 'nerve agent' in their garage, because it was so ineffective that it didn't actually even kill anyone! A "military grade poison" & it wasn't even able to kill a single person? Erm... I have my doubts...
4. The Tories POUNCE on the incident with statements in their right wing owned media like "May warns Russia UK 'will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens'". And Theresa May has used her party conference speech to warn Russia that the UK “will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens”, as the crisis around the Salisbury nerve attack deepens.... Crisis deepens? A single gas exposure, with no proven facts released, zero deaths, & they make it sound like we are on the brink of being invaded by Russia?? (Sounds more like someone trying to make a big story for the news to me.) And more press releases "“But we will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens and others on British soil from the Russian Government.'" THERE HAS BEEN ZERO RELEASED EVIDENCE TYING IT TO RUSSIA, LET ALONE THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT! Ms May announced 23 Russian diplomats would be expelled from Britain after Russia missed a deadline to provide an explanation for the 'poisoning of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia'; explanation? How could they provide an explanation if, say, they had nothing to do with it, & they had no way of doing any investigation of their own because the Tories refused to give them a sample of the gas and the Tories kicked them out of Britain before they could try & find their own evidence?? Russia has flat out denied the accusations made by the Tories & say they would be happy to help prove their innocence, but our Government is blocking them at every turn from doing so...
5. Former MI5 agent Machon pointed out that Russia would not have had a motive for poisoning Mr Skripal, saying that “From the very start of this story… they need to work out what the motive was […] Skripal was a guy who had been caught by the Russians. He’d been tried and convicted, sent to prison, and then released and pardoned by the Russians, and sent back to the UK. He had been debriefed – picked clean, intelligence-wise, both by the Russians… and by MI6 when he came to live in the UK. So what is the motive there?”
6. Jeremy Corbyn's response? Of course this is "atrocious", & we "must take steps to ensure it can never happen again". But lets be certain who did it, rather than just picking someone to blame & running in that directions with guns firing, like what happened in Iraq, when it was later factually PROVEN that they did NOT have chemical weapons! Oh and Corbyn also did it with with Afghanistan, with Libya and with Syria. And he was right, EVERY time! Jeremy asked that a sample of the 'nerve agent' be sent to Russia, so they can examine it, & hear what they have to say, so we can try & find out the REAL truth of what has happened, & who is responsible. If it was the gas the Tories were implying (although you will notice NEVER factually stating) then it would have a key ingredient which would factually prove where it was made - but the government REFUSED to send a sample to Russia, & refuses to publish the ACTUAL factual findings... they want the British public to blindly accept what they say and not ask any difficult questions...
6. The Tories REFUSED to send Russia a sample, or engage in any kind of dialogue with the Russians to find the real culprit for what happened... Have to ask, if the Tories AREN'T looking to use this single incident as a means to create a HUGE news story, & create tension which distracts the public from all the crap they are up to, then why would they not want to do this simple thing? By sending a sample to Russia, we lose nothing, & gain the chance to find new evidence which may point to who actually did it? But that would kill the "tension of war" which the Tories want the public to fear - a fear that will bring out blind patriotism, that will "unite the British people behind our government to protect us"... Déjà Vu Falklands & all the other conflicts the right wing have dragged us into every time they are doing badly in the polls? I'm 'sure' the Tories are crying over the fact that the Russian incident is, for example, drowning out the otherwise headline news about them stealing food from the mouths of the poorest 1,000,000 children in the UK, whilst at the same time giving the mega rich & their corporations HUGE tax cuts AGAIN!
7. There were cries of “shame” from both the Tory benches and some of the more right wing Labour backbenches (the ones that are independently wealthy Blairites & who would have to pay huge amounts in tax if JC becomes PM) after Jeremy Corbyn "failed to condemn the Kremlin outright" (i.e. blame Russia without any definite proof) for the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and his daughter. "Shame on" Jeremy Corbyn for yet again wanting to see the evidence before jumping to conclusions? The Tories and almost every Labour right-winger (thankfully rapidly diminishing Blairites) got it completely wrong about Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria... these SAME people are saying, based on the circumstantial evidence set out by Theresa May, claiming yet again, that the "proof" available is "all that these truly patriotic Brits need to jump to conclusions once again". I mean, what possible harm can getting it completely wrong and jumping to conclusions on such an important foreign policy decision do... again? Well, to give one example, the right wing caused false pretences Iraq war led to the birth of the terrorist ISIS organisation which we are still seeing problems with today...
NHS Consultant Stephen Davies, who treated the three patients that Theresa May alleges were poisoned with "Russian nerve gas", has gone on record in an interview as saying "may I clarify that no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve agent poisoning" and said that of the others who attended after the three initial patients "none has had symptoms of poisoning and none has needed treatment. Any blood tests performed have shown no abnormality." So, tell us again about this imaginary "Russian Nerve Gas" Theresa May?
If the right wing push this completely-lacking-proof propaganda too much, in operation "distract the public by giving them a Russian common enemy to unite against", & REALLY do get Russia annoyed... so far all Russia have done is deny they had anything to do with it & matched British government action by expelling the same number of British diplomats as the Tories did Russian, but the words "nuclear bombs" & "killing everyone" do spring to mind. How can anyone trust a right wing government which could potentially risk this, just to try and fool the British people to putting them ahead again in the polls?.... Anyone so desperately power hungry should NEVER have been allowed into power in the first place!
I also can't believe the hypocrisy: "May warns Russia UK 'will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens'" when she KNOWS that our own citizens ARE dying in UK in the streets in shop doorways; dying on floors waiting for ambulances; dying in hospital corridors waiting for a bed & treatment; many dying who were unwell but told they are fit for work; and many disabled and those with mental health conditions have taken their own lives due to severe benefit cuts where they are living in starvation and hypothermia conditions! So where EXACTLY does the 'we will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens' hold true? The BIGGEST THREAT TO LIFE IN THE UK AT THE MOMENT IS OUR OWN TORY GOVERNMENT, not some foreign super power!
One might almost think that they watched the BBC series "Yes Prime Minister" from the 1980's - the episode which springs to mind (called "Official Secrets") is where the government have screwed up, & are desperate to distract the public by waving the flag; they consider starting a 'small war', but decide its easier to claim to have found a Russian spy/assassin, and expel all the Russian diplomats, without letting the Russians have any say or the ability to prove the government wrong... Sound SCARILY familiar? Watch the video clip below, aired back in the 1980's & it sounds like they are planning the UK Newspaper headlines we are seeing today...
Summary: The Tories are seeking to make a HUGE story out of a single incident event, with no facts presented & not a single death, to create deliberate fear amongst the British public, because Labour is thrashing them in the polls, and fear has been repeatedly proved to be a way to get the people to unite behind a government - even terrible ones, like this one! I would be willing to bet the Tories hope to use this event to swing the polls the other way, get a big lead, then call a general election THIS YEAR, so they can lose their dependence on the DUP. DON'T FALL FOR IT! #JC4PM
"Yes Minister" take on Russian spies: