Thursday 9 June 2022

 

At Bay



As I daily wend my way

On the foreshore of my dreams,

Nothing can my fears allay,

Nothing seeming what it seems.

Giant rocks to stop the swell,

Golden sand all spread with weed;

Nothing irksome breaks the spell,

As along the track I speed.

Faithful pump keeps pumping still,

Even if it's prone to fail.

With every beat our fate fulfils,

Into the wind my legs propel.

All the pebbles, all the years,

Daily strewn across the beach,

From timeless past are ground away,

Like countless people – out of reach.

Beyond in various shades of blue,

Limitless it seems to be,

Ultra marine and lighter hues,

Stretching far as eye can see.

And at the point where sea and land collide,

A stream of silver spreads its way,

Reflecting photons from the sky,

Upon the shimmering sand to play.

In endless waves the sea rolls in,

In countless atoms all combined,

Three elements of land, liquid, air,

All united, intertwined.

But where's the fire that's blazing here?

How could we forget the sun?

The light that shines to cast out fear,

Whilst we our fleeting course we run.

Eternal orb that powers the globe

Without your light we fade and die.

We are but shadows on the road,

A brief hello, a wave goodbye.


Childish Dreams


My kids I miss on every day,

For time has borne them far away.

They appear as shadows in my dreams,

The years that vanished in between,

Like orphans, gone astray.


My sleeping brain grasps what is gone,

Ignores the fact, what's done is done,

Rearranges events in crazy ways,

And with its tricks, my mind it plays,

Replacing every missing one.


The loss is still an aching pain,

Which coming to, comes back again.

Awake, asleep, they compliment

Each other in psychotic punishment.

By day regret, by night a bane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.